I found Len Wilson thanks to his article about Geese which I recently featured here on Every Day Should Be Fun.
Len is a speaker and author, writing about creativity, design and much more. It’s his creativity posts that will be most relevant and here are some of the best:
- How to Get Unstuck and Make Something Important – A garage used to be a metaphor for our innovation. Now it’s a final resting place for our consumerism. What happened to our creativity?
- How to Gain Self Confidence as a Creative – Successful creatives have a distinctive style. How do you learn to find your version?
- One of the Worst Demons of Creativity – To separate what I think I am supposed to say versus what I want to say is one of the hardest things I have ever done.
- Five Ways to Crush a Creative Spirit – To totally ruin your creative person’s morale and drive to succeed, simply employ these five simple techniques.
- Five Tips on Critiquing Creatives – Getting the best results from your co-creators requires an artful approach to critique and encouragement.
- Do You Make This Crucial Creativity Mistake? – The purpose of creativity isn’t illustration, as humor, interlude, or a setup to “the real point.”
- Craft – The key for any artist is to master both craft and spirit in order to let the essential truth emerge.
His latest book, Think Like a Five Year Old covers creativity, or the lack of it, and how it’s vital to success, happiness and fulfilment.
Check him out.